Here is the process to update Drupal Core.
1) Make a backup of your Drupal instance (database). (For ex: with MySQL)
2) Download the latest release of your current Drupal version
3) Extract the [tar ball or zip] Drupal package
4) Set your site on maintenance mode (For ex: How on D7)
5) Delete all the files & folders inside your original Drupal instance except for /sites and its sub-folders
6) Copy all the folders and files except /sites from inside the extracted Drupal package [tar or zip package] into your original Drupal instance location
7) Some updates do not include changes to setting.php and some do. See There is a way – Comment below for more on this. If the update release includes changes to settings.php you will need to replace your old settings.php in …/sites/default/ with the new one, and then edit the site-specific entries (eg database name, user, and password) in the setting file
8) If you have modified files such as .htaccess or robots.txt re-apply those changes to the new files
9) If you have a favicon.ico file that was deleted replace it too
10) Login to your site as administrator or as user id 1
11) Run update.php by navigating to http://your-drupal-site/update.php and follow the process to update your Drupal instance
12) Disable maintenance mode
You can access Drupal core from the external PHP script using below code:-
// Include drupal root
require_once DRUPAL_ROOT . ‘/includes/bootstrap.inc’;
// Load Drupal
// Your code goes here. You can access all the Drupal functions like db_query(), node_load(), user_load() etc.
Public and private doctors in the city came together for a seminar at Nair Hospital on Sunday to discuss changes taking place in swine flu treatment, since the H1N1 virus first hit Mumbai in April last year.
Swine flu vaccination, its treatment and the Kerala state government’s response to the massive H1N1 outbreak that the state faced since last year, were among the topics debated as part of the seminar. Experts discussed how the H1N1 treatment pattern had now shifted to advise home quarantine to more people testing positive for swine flu instead of being admitted at hospitals.
“In many H1N1 cases tested in the early stage, we find it’s preferable to isolate patients at home. Everyone need not come to the hospital.
It helps reduce disease transmission,” said Dr Daksha Shah, who heads the epidemiology cell of the BMC. Shah also added that it would help if hospitals would prepare about two ICU beds in isolation for swine flu treatment. Doctors said that the N95 mask, which was believed to be the only protective gear against the virus last year, was now longer so.
“Covering your face with a surgical mask or even a handkerchief (one-time use) offers protection,” said Dr Om Srivastava, infectious diseases specialist, Kasturba Hospital, who organised the seminar. The swine flu vaccines, the injectible as well as the nasal varieties that were introduced this year, will also change the course of treatment, said doctors.
Going by the above quote, maestro Sachin Tendulkar seems to be clearly agitated by the questions thrown at him every time he is out for sessions with media. I just fail to understand the importance of such questions, linking age with performance, each time Sachin comes up with a special knock. With 48 centuries and 55 half-centuries in Tests and 46 tons and 93 fifties in One-Day Internationals, I don’t think the term ‘to prove’ should be used with him.
At 37, the veteran right-hander looks miles fitter than the Yuvraj Singhs and the others around him. You can count the amount of seriousness that goes in for such athleticism and hunger for more. Just be happy for the proud moments Tendlya has gifted us and leave alone the 300 wish. It will come when it will come.